Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Kid Wrestling

From time to time, I go back to my hometown high school, and I help coach and teach some of the high school wrestlers, and I sometimes help run kid wrestling practices. It is a rewarding feeling to coach and help kids progress in their wrestling abilities. Recently over thanksgiving break I went home and helped my coach run a takedown tournament. This years tournament had over 87 wrestlers, ranging from 1st grade to 12th grade competing in an interdistrict competition. I helped set up the gym and organized weight class brackets. The gym was filled with wrestlers and parent and I ran a mat and was responsible for over 30 wrestlers. The tournament was a success on all fronts. At the conclusion of the tournament, I helped give feedback to all of the wrestlers that I coach when i'm back home and gave them all things to focus on improving. It was a long and crazy but successful two days. It was to great to help out and give back to the younger, future wrestlers of Brentwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment